Skip to main content

Giving Up


You should give up. Quit whatever you’re working on; whatever you’re trying to accomplish right now. Just throw in the towel. And why not? Is this pain really worth it? The blood, sweat, and tears? The effort that you’ve already spent trying to do this thing or get to wherever you’re going? Why not just give up? Your effort doesn’t guarantee success. In fact, in this competitive world made of winners and losers, chances are you’re going to be on the losing side of things.
And being a loser hurts and sucks not matter how many feel-good quotes you read from athletes and writers and philosophers. The only reason why you know these quotes, is because these people “made it.” And people who “make it” are fond of telling other people that they can “make it” too. Which is silly because they should know better: Not everyone is going to “make it.”
I know this all sounds cynical but life isn’t a bed of roses. Isn’t it just better to call it quits before things get too hard and your heart gets broken anyway? Have you seen what happens to people who don’t make it? They go into depression, and who knows how long that will last? Nobody wants to say it: Mediocrity isn’t that bad. And it’s not in fact better to have loved and lost, than to not to have loved at all. We need to stop believing all these silly clichés.
You should just give up now.
Unless of course you’re willing to pay the price of not giving up – more blood, more sweat, more tears. The reality is that you might fail, you might fail miserably with creased hands, a few more worry lines, and in the end, a broken spirit. That could happen. That is a possibility that you must be willing to accept in whatever you’re doing.
But what if you kept fighting? And what if all that fighting, and modifying your dreams, and going to bed late and waking up early, led to something? What if that something led to you catching a break? What if that break were people who believed in you and helped you along the way? What if this belief kept you going and eventually you went to that promised place – that promised place of success? What if, after everything, you finally won?
It would all have been worth it. And I’d bet you’d go through twice the pains to get to that place. But this place is every bit as real as it is imaginary. You think the glory is in this place but as those who did their very best and failed will tell you: The glory was always in the process; the outcome only makes it sweeter.
Failure is better than giving up; participation is better than spectating; scars are better than thin skin. Or whatever. You can give up and never know sweet success or the courage of a magnificent failure. You can give up and never know who you might have been.
I have personally only given up on one thing in my entire life and that is my first love. It was one of the easiest things to do. Which is all the more reason to never give up on anything ever again.
For the single reason that giving up is easy, is all you need to know that giving up is just plain wrong (depending on your atmosphere).
 Inspired from ThoughtCatalogue

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don't Be Scared To Confess Your Love

Have you heard? Heard what? There's a new love post Really Obviously, I just said so didn't I. Alrighty then. Make sure you read it… That's the type of conversation you should be having with your friends right now, while reading this post. So today I want to bother you with that female, that male you like and just don't or can't or don't want to approach (for whatever bloody reason). And as usual, I'll be using myself as a point of reverence. Well, it doesn’t have to do with me directly but a friend of mine. And I tried giving him, a gush (if you will) , but nothing. So you my friend I will give a push. My friend is D and the girl is P. (for reference. Though I probably won't stress too much on it... probably). In high school I learnt of my good friends’ crush and time being everyone would be like "check out my babe" or "give me that girls number", but he wasn't open to it. Later other dudes keep teasing him with this gi

Losing Your Virginity

Domo minasan, I'm in the Japanese mood again and I welcome to the blog. If you are new here *smirk*, welcome. Today I will be rambling (as usual) on a topic that has nothing to do with me (also as usual) and that my friends you saw as the title of this post. Your Virginity or Virtue or whatever else you want to call it. It’s creepy sometimes when you think about it, the fact most people (females) don't value it despite their constant complaints. You are a Virgin, well, when your hymen is still there (and what actually makes the first time "hurt" is the breaking of the hymen). The creepy thing is the feel when you break one (not that I have any experience in that section though, *smirk*). I'm not saying not to loose you Virginity (on the contrary), please do. But I want to tell you some things you should probably think about before you do that and believe me you probably haven't heard and or been told these (what I want to say now) before. *smirk*. Before an