Skip to main content

The Life Of A Dropout: Day 1

History
Being a dropout. Depending on your atmosphere and the type of people you have around you can be the worst thing. So what is the cause of people "dropping out" of school and why do people see it as such an intense taboo?
Well for me. I'm from a third world country (Nigeria) and to me, trying to better your "future" by school ALONE is ridiculous and I will tell you why in a minute. Most people dropout for whatever reason and it might be similar to my reasons but do not be mistaken. I do intend to resume school but at a later date.
First I want to tell you about my atmosphere. In Nigeria (and every other society) most people are absorbed in the general stereotypes.
In Nigeria, so far as you have a certificate, it doesn't matter if your jobless and broke. People go to school without knowing why they go to school and at the end are unworthy of their certificate. Plus they can't even solve a simple problem. People are too ignorant to bring about any reap and or good change and or development in their country. Imagine spending twenty (20) years to get a total of seven (7) certificates and still have no job and at the end they get miserable complain and ultimately just keep going to school to pass the time and the shut the mouths of the rich dudes that may have lower qualifications that them. So simply put, looking at everyone older than me who has the measly piece of paper they call a certificate being jobless, miserable and poor (not to mention grumpy and or angry), how can I blindly follow the path they want? The same path they followed and ended up miserable and I've already said that so I hope I've somewhat made my point. Again, imagine someone graduated from the University as a "graduate" and studied, let's say, Mechanical Engineering and can't even work on a small generator. Again, imagine a "graduate" that studied, let's say, Computer Engineering and doesn't know NVIDIA. That's what I'm talking about. No let me tell you a little about my story.
MY STORY
So, in 2015 I gained admission into this terrible University. I was to start in August 2015 studying Management Information System (M.I.S) and I obviously needed a laptop. At the time I wanted a Dell inspiron 17 5000 series i5755 (which is no longer available) and it was a 17inch AMD A10, with 12GB RAM, Radeon R7 graphics AND 2TB memory for $875-1800 (which was cheap in my country at the time). And it just so happened that his secretary at the time was using a Dell inspiron 15 from the same 5000 series so he would help me persuade my dad. But guess what he told me? "That laptop isn't for a student. Students need small laptops. Even the 15inch is too big". He later argued with my mom over her laptop (HP 655) and she decided to hand it to me till next semester (where they would buy me a new one). Boy were they mistaken.
2016 came and like I said "terrible school", I couldn't stay there anymore. I told my dad thinking he would understand and him being a psychiatrist declared me mad, well mad. Gave me some stupid drugs that only made me brim with negative emotions... like a vampire only a drunk one (if that's even possible). So what happened to his promise about the new laptop... well his biggest mistake was when I found out about NVIDIA and why people thought Intel was better than intel. So my preference changed because the Dell was no longer available and guess my alternative, an Aorus X7 pro V5 (yes, i7-6820HK, NVIDIA 970 in SLI... any who you can head over to their website for that. But I don't think they make it anymore). And by 2016 we went into recession and our currencies value reduced almost by half and the laptop was beyond reach. Bitter hearted I created this blog to inspire people but 'Weinspire' was already taken. Reviewing qualifications for Adsense, I obviously got scared off and I left it dormant. Until now, because adsense acknowledges this blog as my default so unless I can get this blog to meet adsense criteria, I cannot do anything.
I currently run an online store PlainGeeky. Check that out when you have some time on your hands and money in your pocket. It features Anime, Cool, Cosplay and Gaming Merchandise so make sure you buy something you like and believe is worth it.
Check out my other blog Affiliatedman for advice on Shopify.
In day two I'll tell you about my experience in school and some cool stuff.
If you don't label yourself people and or society, will do the labeling for you. I was labeled a dropout and as you can see I somewhat know what I am doing and if I succeed, I plan on rubbing it in their faces.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bonds

Welcome back. Thank you for reading my constant ramblings till date (even if this is your first time on my blog). But do read other posts. Today I want to talk about Bonds. What bonds are and which one in particular I am talking about. Well if you have read this blog for long, you would know that I'm talking about the bonds between people. Well, you might have heard: "United we stand, divided we fall" and what not and that is exactly what I'll be tackling today, so hang in there. But first I want to try to categorize bonds or at least summarize (which is impossible). Bonds forged over time. The most common among all of us. The major reason why your mother is your mother (yes, it's true). I would also say, in my personal experience that it is the most frail (especially if you don't know anything about that person even after spending years together). "You've know you parents all you life but they know you for only a short" so you should know as

Giving Up

You should give up. Quit whatever you’re working on; whatever you’re trying to accomplish right now. Just throw in the towel. And why not? Is this pain really worth it? The blood, sweat, and tears? The effort that you’ve already spent trying to do this thing or get to wherever you’re going? Why not just give up? Your effort doesn’t guarantee success. In fact, in this competitive world made of winners and losers, chances are you’re going to be on the losing side of things. And being a loser hurts and sucks not matter how many feel-good quotes you read from athletes and writers and philosophers. The only reason why you know these quotes, is because these people “made it.” And people who “make it” are fond of telling other people that they can “make it” too. Which is silly because they should know better: Not everyone is going to “make it.” I know this all sounds cynical but life isn’t a bed of roses. Isn’t it just better to call it quits before things get too hard and your heart gets

Don't Be Scared To Confess Your Love

Have you heard? Heard what? There's a new love post Really Obviously, I just said so didn't I. Alrighty then. Make sure you read it… That's the type of conversation you should be having with your friends right now, while reading this post. So today I want to bother you with that female, that male you like and just don't or can't or don't want to approach (for whatever bloody reason). And as usual, I'll be using myself as a point of reverence. Well, it doesn’t have to do with me directly but a friend of mine. And I tried giving him, a gush (if you will) , but nothing. So you my friend I will give a push. My friend is D and the girl is P. (for reference. Though I probably won't stress too much on it... probably). In high school I learnt of my good friends’ crush and time being everyone would be like "check out my babe" or "give me that girls number", but he wasn't open to it. Later other dudes keep teasing him with this gi