Skip to main content

The Life Of A Dropout: Day 5

Parents. A real pain in the ass sometimes. Mine are an even bigger pain in the ass. Probably the worst.
My dad is a "I don't really care about you if you aren't the best" kinda guy and my mom is the "I can't control my temper or any and every other one of of my emotions" person. This combo is really really dangerous for anyone. But enough of that, let me take you to the juicy part. Their reactions when I was suspended and the roles they played on the road to this very day.
My Father
Well as my mentioned in a previous post, my dad labeled me and when I told him I wanted to take a break and reevaluate myself. When I returned from the most previous, 2017 second semester, he asked me if I was going back and I said "no". Part of the reason why I wanted to reevaluate myself in 2016 was actually because my school fees was really expensive and some shitty relatives kept saying stuff like "I he the only child, why spend so much on him", "send him to a public University so that when he knows suffering he will value what he has" and what not (which was and still is, stupid, anytime I hear it).
So why did my father not even try to understand me? Simple, I'm "crazy". And not to mention when I was a kid the dude told me "If not for you we would've been a happy family". I chose to take it as
• Dude doesn't want me as his family and
• Dude thinks I'm the only member of the house that isn't happy
His reaction was somewhat more mature than that of my mother. He said his dad valued education and so did he and that's why he was training me but I don't want to settle down and do what he wants and that I'm a disappointment yada yada yada. You know the normal shit.
My Mother
Now you might find my mothers reaction abit more interesting.
My mother told me more than five (5) times that if I die it wouldn't bother her because she has "three extra" children. Specifically
Even if you die it won't bother me. I have three extra children, three.
She also told me that
You have no right over your own life
Which indeed I beg to differ.
Any who. I kept getting visited by a lot of somewhat "important people" (including a deceitful pastor) and that pissed my mom off. Here in Nigeria, someone coming from the US to see you was no big deal and guess what. Someone came from the US to visit me (you know, my dads fellow psychiatrist friends that don't know shit and come, talk shit and get the fuck out of your life). Excuse my language.
But that was the last straw. And I received a death threat from my mom. That she'd kill me if by March 2018 I still don't go to school and or apply for admission. But I am currently willing to die for what I believe in (willing to kill to... hope it doesn't come to that though).
You may have seen this in YouTube videos about how African parents are. In truth it's just Nigerian Parents that do shit like you see in videos. And that's what I got. Anything I did would somehow be redirected to the fact that I was suspended for a year.
Oh well, let's just hope this plays out well.
Next time I'll tell you about my siblings and cousins reaction and what I'm planning for them *devil face*.
Thank you for reading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don't Be Scared To Confess Your Love

Have you heard? Heard what? There's a new love post Really Obviously, I just said so didn't I. Alrighty then. Make sure you read it… That's the type of conversation you should be having with your friends right now, while reading this post. So today I want to bother you with that female, that male you like and just don't or can't or don't want to approach (for whatever bloody reason). And as usual, I'll be using myself as a point of reverence. Well, it doesn’t have to do with me directly but a friend of mine. And I tried giving him, a gush (if you will) , but nothing. So you my friend I will give a push. My friend is D and the girl is P. (for reference. Though I probably won't stress too much on it... probably). In high school I learnt of my good friends’ crush and time being everyone would be like "check out my babe" or "give me that girls number", but he wasn't open to it. Later other dudes keep teasing him with this gi...

Giving Up

You should give up. Quit whatever you’re working on; whatever you’re trying to accomplish right now. Just throw in the towel. And why not? Is this pain really worth it? The blood, sweat, and tears? The effort that you’ve already spent trying to do this thing or get to wherever you’re going? Why not just give up? Your effort doesn’t guarantee success. In fact, in this competitive world made of winners and losers, chances are you’re going to be on the losing side of things. And being a loser hurts and sucks not matter how many feel-good quotes you read from athletes and writers and philosophers. The only reason why you know these quotes, is because these people “made it.” And people who “make it” are fond of telling other people that they can “make it” too. Which is silly because they should know better: Not everyone is going to “make it.” I know this all sounds cynical but life isn’t a bed of roses. Isn’t it just better to call it quits before things get too hard and your heart gets ...

Zodiac Heartbreak (2017)

Domo minasan, (I'm in the Japanese mood), remember that post on the live you would experience according to you Zodiac sign (or Zodiac Love as I called it)? Well welcome to the sequel. This particular post is even more intriguing (to me) than the first. This is your breakup scheme based on you Zodiac sign. And just like the previous I'll be adding my comments (in brackets like this). • Aries (March 21st to April 19th) Your impulsive tendencies and short temper will lead to and on again off again relationship. Eventually, even a partner that loves you won’t be able to handle it and you’ll find yourself alone. (what happened to being confident). • Taurus (April 20th to May 21st) You’ll find yourself in a mutual breakup with someone you really do care for. And while your heart will break walking away from such a person who made you who you are today, you know it’s time you do your own thing. That doesn’t mean you won’t find your way back again. • Gemini (May 22nd to June ...